Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A few announcements: what's to come, what went. Review on the atheist convention, preview of Scientology Church, mormon series status



Hello Everyone!

Sorry to take so long to put this one together. It has been another crazy week last week with work and all the fun activities I have been participating in. What a week it was! Not only was it Salt Lake City's second annual Comic Con (which unfortunately I was unable to attend), but also the 2014 National Convention for American Atheists!

There I was able to meet such prominent bloggers, podcasters, and YouTubers as Mr. Diety, Seth Andrews, AronRa, Beth Presswood, Matt Dillahunty, and David Fitzgerald! I even had the opportunity to meet the president of American Theists, David Silverman, who can also regularly be seen on the Fox News religion discussion panel representing the atheist position on issues they cover on the show.

I was able to participate for three of the four day convention and thus, there is much to cover. And may have to do it in a series, I haven’t decided yet. So my next blog will cover my experience with the Atheists.

Other exciting announcements:
1.      My science rant is nearing completion! I am just making some final edits, it will be a long entry but I will possibly have a video to go with it. It should tie in really well with the church we visited only a few days after the atheist convention (see item 2)

2.      The church of SCIENTOLOGY!!! Yes that’s right, you’ve heard a lot about it now I will share with you my experiences with them. Chad and I visited not once, but TWICE in the same week! Once during the week as a sort of preliminary scouting to find the place and see if they had a Sunday service (which they didn’t really advertise on their website) and again on Sunday to witness the service itself. We made a few videos the day of both visits that way you can see our reactions and see what was going through our minds. Yes this entry should be very promising so look forward to it!

3.      The Mormon series:  Well folks, I know it has been a couple of months and earlier when I visited the Mormon Church I said I would do a 3-part series. At present, I am not sure I will be able to make that happen due to life and responsibilities outside the project. I am stretched pretty thin sometimes and already have a lot of catching up to do so we will have to wait and see what happens. But for now you have two very exciting, two very mysterious demographics to look forward to!


Stay tuned!

COMING UP…….
My Godless  Sunday at the 2014 American Atheist National Convention in Salt Lake City Utah!
BBQ baby? Satanic rituals? Human and animal sacrifices? Or normal people getting together to have a good time? What do these people do when they gather? Find out in my next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment