Wednesday, February 5, 2014

#5: Taking a minute to hear the good news with the Jahova's Witnesses!

Hey Folks!

Tonight is just a late night quickie to let you know that tomorrow I will be joining the Jehovah's Witnesses for a Bible study session! This should be interesting. I have met JW's all over the world (mostly on trains for some reason), Germany, Austria, Japan, and of course here in the USA. In fact just a week ago I received a visit from a pair of ladies that came knocking on my door to share the good word. You know what?I like the JW's, from my experience they are really nice people on the whole and are very eager to speak with me :D It was always good language practice when I met them abroad, and I have always wanted to sit down and have a chat with them domestically. Anyway, so these two women were going door to door handing out pamphlets, I think I caught them by surprise when my large bearded figure answered the door with a big, warm, goofy smile instead of the usual door-shut-in-the-face dismissal these poor people endure so often.

I asked them where there Kingdom Hal was (they don't use the word "church", it sounds too pagan to them so I've heard), as it turns out theirs is the one on our list! They worship in Roy City, Utah, so tomorrow Chad and I will spend a lovely evening hearing the good news about Jesus Christ! A bit of fun irony, most of the JW's i have spoken with were the ones who were eager to end the conversation! They must not be used to hearing from someone who is so eager to speak to them...
My visitors were unfortunately out of invitations so I asked them if they would be willing to bring one back for me another day. Sure enough, two days later I found a cute little invitation to study with them along with one of the women's phone number should I have any questions or get lost. I will read through the material they left me and come to class prepared with my notebook, highlighter and personal copy of the good ol' King James :) (But I think they might be using a different translation, if that is so then I have about 12 different translations on my phone in about 4 languages so that's covered!)

Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment