Saturday, February 22, 2014

Nirvana Day at a Buddhist Temple!

Good day all! 

I'm trying to catch up on these. Life has been crazy these past couple weeks and seems like it's going to get even more crazy. I wanted to just briefly talk about where I am going tomorrow. We're heading to the Japanese Buddhist Temple here in Ogden tomorrow. This should be really fun for me since I spent a year in Japan and saw a lot of the old Buddhist temples there. We've picked a good day to go since tomorrow is Nirvana Day. Nirvana Day celebrates the death of the Buddha and him entering fully into Nirvana. They're also doing a blessing on the pets there that day. I'm looking forward to this because if you know anything about me, you know I'm a sucker for animals. I'm not exactly sure what will happen, but I expect it will look a lot like the temples I visited in Japan with lots of incense and chanting maybe I'll even understand a bit of the chanting. At any rate, it's going to be fun to see a little bit of Japanese culture again here in my hometown. This is also the first church we're visiting that is not an Abrahamic religion. I can't wait to fill you all in with the details of this one. Tune in next time to see how it went.

 I haven't forgotten about the UU review. this working 6 days a week thing isn't treating me kindly. once I have my scedule in order i will try to get back to my consistency. Until then, thank yo ufor your continued patience

see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment